Mouth pathogens seed both the gut and bloodstream and create considerable chaos in the mouth, the gut, and the bloodstream.
Our key defenses against these mouth pathogens:
- Proper nourishment that in turn makes a better germ-inhibiting and germ-killing saliva. 24X7 defense.
- Proper hydration that provides a generous 24X7 salivary flow.
- Keeping oneself in good health and thus not taking prescription medications, over 60% of which have dry mouth as a symptom. If in poor health, find a natural alternative to prescription medications, like reversing course in one’s lifestyle.
- Proper oral hygiene – a momentary, but not insignificant prophylaxis.
- Not snacking during the day and eating just one big meal a day, followed by excellent oral hygiene.