Mayonnaise and salad dressing are serious inducements to consuming the most nutritious food, green leafy vegetables, and other nutritious vegetables and some fruits in the form of a large salad.
However, commercial mayonnaise and salad dressings, even organic, are disappointments.
Storing mayonnaise in fully transparent, squeezable soft plastic containers at room temperature in the full light of a shelf in the grocery store is a poster child for the failure of education in this country. Polyunsaturated oils are organic compounds and they will leach plasticizers from soft plastics. Polyunsaturated oils are alkenes and alkenes are unstable to oxygen, heat, and light. The way we prepare mayonnaise and salad dressings, actually beating oxygen into them, and the way we store them, at room temperature and in full light in transparent containers, are positively absurd.
What is needed is the following, per serving (per tablespoon):
- A proper level of a proper mixture of unadulterated omega 3 fats
- A proper level of proper mixture of unadulterated omega 6 fats
- A proper level of common conditionally essential fats
- A proper level of a proper mixture of beta-carotene and preformed vitamin A
- A proper level of vitamin D
- A proper level of vitamin K (probably mostly MK-7)
- A proper level of vitamin E
- A proper level of CoQ10
- A proper level of other vitamins and nutrients
- A proper level of proper things to give the emulsion great taste
- Proper stabilizers for all of these unstable fatty acids and unstable antioxidants (probably a real challenge because it is likely that the omega fats react even faster with oxygen than the antioxidant vitamins already a part of this mixture).
- Finally, one must make the emulsion in the cold under an inert atmosphere and bottle immediately and seal the bottle under an inert atmosphere.
- It goes without saying that one would not put this emulsion in a soft squeezable plastic bottle that will leach plasticizers into the oily substance contained in the bottle.
- It goes without saying that this mayonnaise would be stored in a light proof glass or hard plastic bottle in the cold.
- This properly prepared properly formulated mayonnaise will help get these fats and fat soluble substances absorbed even when a person has no gall bladder or is suffering from cholestasis.