- The odds of getting skin cancer increase as unprotected exposure to the sun increases.
- Skin cancer is easily detectable and readily curable.
- The odds of getting other cancers decreases as unprotected exposure to the sun increases.
- Other cancers are invisible, hard to detect, and more often incurable when detected than skin cancers.
- Doctors’ conclusion for the last couple of decades: do not go out in the sun without protective sun screen. Huh????
- Some doctors’ addendum: take vitamin D supplements, at least 400 IU a day
- Other doctors’ addendum: take vitamin D, about 1600 IU a day.